Welcome Back To Live Events At Exeter Phoenix
Published October 22, 2020
LOCKDOWN UPDATE: WED 3 NOV
With the recent announcement of a second lockdown, we are having to postpone our activity and will close the building from Thu 5 Nov.
We loved welcoming you back for the socially-distanced events we were able to host, and we want to thank each and every one of you who visited us since our reopening for being so respectful of the rules that we had in place. We are certainly going to miss you over the next four weeks, but look forward to welcoming you back once more.
We are delighted to be welcoming audiences back for socially distanced live events, gigs and shows at Exeter Phoenix. The building has felt eerily quiet over the last months, and we can’t wait to start seeing the building come back to life.
Whilst we are excited to be getting back to what we do best, there is no denying that things look and feel a little different to before. We would like to share what you can expect from your visit, including some of the measures we have put in place.
- Audiences for live events will be seated and socially distanced. Unless stated otherwise, you will be seated at cabaret-style tables with your booking party of up to six people in our auditorium. Please book for everyone in your group in one transaction (rather than individually) to ensure we can seat you together.
- Table service will be provided at your seat in the auditorium.
- After you have made your booking, our box office team will allocate your seat to ensure social distancing is followed. We will then send your seat table number to you nearer the event.
- Floor markers are in place to enable social distancing whilst queuing and moving through the venue.
- We have increased cleaning throughout the venue, paying particular attention to high-traffic and high-contact areas such as hand rails and doors. The auditorium will be cleaned before and after every screening.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue.
- Staff and volunteers have been provided with detailed training and information about the new measures in place at this time. They are there to help, so do let them know if you have any questions.
- You must wear a face covering whilst entering/moving around the venue and during the event itself. You may remove your face covering to eat and drink only whilst in a designated seating area. Please be mindful that some people are unable/exempt from wearing a face covering, and the reasons for this may not be immediately apparent. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, do feel free to let our stewards know this when you arrive if it would make you feel more at ease during your visit.
- Please choose an e-ticket option where possible, which will act as your confirmation of booking.
These measures are being reviewed on a regular basis and will be updated as necessary. We will be in touch closer to your event to advise you if guidance for events has changed.