Volunteer and Job Opportunities
Front of House Manager 30 hours per week (Job Share 50 hours total)
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly team as we welcome audiences back to our busy and dynamic building. You will ensure the delivery of consistently excellent service to all of our visitors, audiences, artists/performers and staff. Responsible for running busy events whilst ensuring the highest health and safety standards.
We are looking for someone who thrives on engaging with audiences, proactively solving problems, and working in a busy venue.
Full job description and application form can be found below:
Deadline: Mon 27th Sept 2pm
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Please complete an application form, to be sent to email@example.com
We would appreciate you taking out the time to also fill out our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
For an informal discussion prior to application please call Anna-Ruth on 01392 667060
Experienced Bar Staff required for Phoenix Cafe Bar
We are looking for flexible part-time bar staff to join our team.
As the Phoenix opens up for more events, we need to add some part time staff.
Job details: £9.05 per hour, plus staff benefits including tickets to Exeter Phoenix events. We are looking for someone who can work evenings and weekends. Ideally you will be looking for 1/2 evenings per week, although there will be more hours available at times.
How to apply: please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a motivated cleaning operative to join our friendly team at Exeter Phoenix, previous cleaning experience preferred but full training will be provided.
This is a temporary, part-time cleaning position initially for a 2 month period, immediate start with the opportunity for ongoing part time hours.
Job details: £9.05 per hour, plus staff benefits including tickets to Exeter Phoenix events. Early morning starts (7am start), Approximately 12 hours per week, Mon-Sun with a day off per week on a rota basis.
If you are interested please contact Anna-Ruth:
Freelance Lighting/Sound Technicians
We're looking for freelance technicians to assist with lighting and sound at Exeter Phoenix events.
Experience is a must. Ideal candidates should be passionate about what they do, flexible to work evenings and weekends and happy to assist with a wide range of events in the Exeter Phoenix programme, including live music, theatre, and DJ nights.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to Rick Wolkers, Technical Manager: email@example.com
We regularly share creative opportunities from Exeter Phoenix and other organisations with our Creative Hub network.
‘Volunteering at Exeter Phoenix is a wonderful opportunity to mix with like minded creative people and support the creative and diverse range of work provided by artists from all over the UK.’
Mai-Lin, volunteer steward
None of the day to day activity at Exeter Phoenix could be accomplished without our passionate team of volunteers and staff to make it happen. We’re always looking for new people to get involved.
Why Volunteer With Us?
- If you are interested in a career in the arts, volunteering provides experience of a professional arts setting. Many of our volunteers have gone on to work in the arts, and some of our very own staff started out as volunteer stewards with us!
- Exeter Phoenix is a registered charity. By giving your time, you’ll be helping us fulfil our mission of bringing exciting live events, contemporary art and film to your city, while supporting local creatives.
- Volunteering is a great way to gain wide and varied experiences in a professional venue with one of the most exciting, diverse and eclectic programmes around.
- Volunteer stewards receive a 20% discount on hot drinks and food (even when you are not on shift!), special invitations to gallery openings and other special events and complimentary tickets to selected events across our programme.
- It's sociable! Be part of a small and dedicated team, working at events that you’re passionate about and meeting a whole range of interesting people. You can also sign up with a friend and steward events together.
We’re looking for regular volunteers, able to offer their time at least once a month, for the following activities:
- Working with like-minded film enthusiasts in a customer focussed environment
- Taking tickets and liaising with cinema staff and projectionist
- Welcoming and engaging with visitors
- Providing customers with helpful information about the programme
- Collecting tickets and providing show information
- Assisting in the smooth running of our performances
- Looking after the safety and wellbeing of our visitors
- Helping promote Exeter Phoenix facilities and events
- Helping direct visitors round the various exhibitions
- Liaising with Box Office and Front of House staff
- Welcoming and engaging with visitors
- Ensuring the safety of the artwork
Occasionally Exeter Phoenix offers exciting opportunities to volunteer with city-wide festivals, renovation projects, marketing, photography, festivals and much more. If you have a particular skill or interest you’d like to offer to support Exeter Phoenix get in touch for more information.