See Events For Free!
Published February 25, 2016
Are you are looking to gain experience in a professional arts environment, and see a host of music, theatre and live performance?
We are looking for people to assist in the smooth running of our events, looking after the safety and comfort of our customers and helping to promote Exeter Phoenix facilities and events. If you are enthusiastic, enjoy working in a customer focused environment and excited by our program this could be for you.
We also have opportunities assisting with the invigilation of the Visual Arts side of our programme. If you are interested in this, get in touch.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
- Many of our stewards have gone on to work in the arts, and even some of our very own staff started out as volunteer stewards. Stewarding is a good first step if you would like to get involved with our buzzing venue and be part of a small, fun and dedicated team.
- Gain experience in a multi arts venue with one of the most exciting, diverse and eclectic programmes around.
- If you are interested in a career in event management, this is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
- 20% Café Bar discount card for hot drinks and food – you can use this all year round and when you are not on shift.
- A complimentary soft or hot drink when you are on shift
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
- Helping on the door at music gigs, theatre performances and more
- Liaising with our box office and front of house staff
- Welcoming guests and taking tickets
- A minimum of one event a month
OUR PAST VOLUNTEERS
‘A wonderful opportunity to mix with like minded creative people’
Mai-Lin, freelance creative artist and educator
‘I really enjoyed it! There really is no downside to volunteering at the Phoenix.’
Victoria, second year drama student at the University of Exeter
‘I found out about the role through the opportunities page on the website, which I’ve used for several things before, including getting involved with the Arts Department on a music video shoot. I have been completely inspired and would definitely volunteer at Exeter Phoenix again. I’d encourage anyone who was thinking about it to give it a go.’
Beth, recent graduate of Falmouth University
If you would like to join our dedicated team of volunteers, or simply want to find out more, please contact Robyn here >>