Welcome Back To Art Classes
LOCKDOWN UPDATE: WED 3 NOV
With the recent announcement of a second lockdown, we are having to postpone our activity and will close the building from Thu 5 Nov.
We loved welcoming you back for the socially-distanced events we were able to host, and we want to thank each and every one of you who visited us since our reopening for being so respectful of the rules that we had in place. We are certainly going to miss you over the next four weeks, but look forward to welcoming you back once more.
For the last six months, we have had to pause our creative art classes. Since March, no life models have graced our studios, no paint has been spilled in a flourish of creativity, and no faces have been carefully studied in an exploration of portraiture. …Until now! We are delighted to be able to start inviting you back to explore your creative side with us. Oh, we have missed you!
Whether you are keen to build on the creative streak you had time to explore during lockdown, or looking to reignite your creativity after lockdown-induced artist’s-block, we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Things are a little different at the moment, and we have taken your feedback on board. Rather than asking you to commit to courses spanning a number of weeks, our classes have been redesigned to work as both standalone sessions or progressive courses, depending on what suits your needs and preferences at this time.
Read on to find out some of the measures that we have put in place at this time. We thank you all for you continued support during this difficult period for our venue, and are thrilled to be able to start welcoming you back!
What will your art class be like and what are we doing to make this a safe experience?
Like all venues, we have had to change the way we do things for the time being. We would like to share some of the extra measures we have put in place with you.
- We have reduced the capacity of our courses to enable socially distanced working.
- Floor markers are in place to enable social distancing whilst moving through the venue.
- We have increased cleaning throughout the venue, paying particular attention to high-traffic and high-contact areas such as hand rails and doors. The art studio will be cleaned before and after every class.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the venue.
- Staff and volunteers have been provided with detailed training and information about the new measures in place at this time. They are there to help, so do let them know if you have any questions.
- We will endeavour to keep windows open to increase ventilation where possible so do bring warm layers!
- You must wear a face covering whilst entering/moving around the venue. You may remove your face covering once in your class and seated at a social distance. Please respect the class tutor’s instructions regarding when to cover your face. Please also be mindful that some people are unable/exempt from wearing a face covering, and the reasons for this may not be immediately apparent. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, do feel free to let our staff know this when you arrive if it would make you feel more at ease during your visit.
- All the materials and equipment you need for the class will be prepared and ready for you to use, you will not need to share equipment. Reusable resources such as scissors and paint brushes will be disinfected after each session.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a takeaway food/drink service under current guidance. However, our Café Bar will be open for food and drink before and after your class.
What’s On: Art Classes
- Tue 13 Oct: Drawing Series: Mark Making, Line & Tone
- Thu 15 Oct: Drawing From The Human Form: Drawing From A Skeleton
- Sat 17 Oct: Drawing, Music & Colour
- Tue 20 Oct: Drawing Series: Creating 3D Effects
- Thu 22 Oct: Drawing From The Human Form: Drawing From Sculpture
- Sat 24 Oct: Life Drawing
- Tue 27 Oct: Drawing Series: Colour & Tone
- Wed 28 Oct: Your Face My Face – Portraiture
- Thu 29 Oct: Drawing From The Human Form: Self Portraits
- Tue 3 Nov: Drawing Series: Perspective
- Thu 5 Nov: Drawing From The Human Form: Drawing A Portrait
- Tue 10 Nov: Drawing Series: Space & Shape
- Thu 12 Nov: Drawing From The Human Form: Drawing From A Life Model
- Sat 14 Nov: Life Drawing
- Tue 17 Nov: Further Drawing: Observation and Detail
- Thu 19 Nov: Evening Life Drawing Class
- Sat 21 Nov: Make A New Home For A Tiny Plant: Ceramic Decoration Workshop
- Tue 24 Nov: Further Drawing: Scale & Texture
- Sat 28 Nov: Wreath Making
- Sat 5 Dec: Wreath Making
- Sun 6 Dec: Wreath Making
- Tue 8 Dec: Further Drawing: Self Portraits
- Sat 12 Dec: Life Drawing
- Tue 15 Dec: Further Drawing: Large Scale Still Life